What’s the best way to close out a season and welcome a new one? All with a summer wrap up of course! Let’s go! We’ve been so fortunate to travel the world, experience cultures, share moments with the natives and explore. The unexpected joys of traveling with my family, is the greatest gift for me.
My greatest personal lessons this summer were:
- The comfort zone is where dreams die
- Travel with your kids
- Follow your passions
- Be true to yourself even when it feels uncomfortable
Our Summer Itinerary hotspots :
- Costa Rica
- Colombia (Cartagena and Medellin)
- Disney World (The Greatest Place in the World)
I hope you followed our travel stories on our IG page (@remytakesflight). We have highlights for each location which chronicled our day to day activities.
- Our stay at the Park Inn by Radisson (Family Friendly Space) was great.
- We explored the city and shopped with local vendors.
- Greatest attraction – The Gold Museum, featuring historic gold artifacts, including figures and coins, in a modern, underground space.
- The Jade Museum is located in the center of Costa Rica’s capital, San Jose. The museum houses the world’s largest collection of American jade and other cultural artifacts.
- We booked a day trip/tour to Nicaragua which was a 2 hour drive. We crossed the border which was an experience in itself.
- The deepest volcano crater lake is located in the sleepy Apoyo volcano – Laguna De Apoyo
- Learned about the history, nature and production process of chocolate
- Rio Celeste Hiking
- Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
Colombia (Cartagena and Medellin)
- The flight from Cartagena to Medellin is only 45 minutes
- Medellin was voted as one of the most innovative cities in the world.
- Everything in our room was voice and or push-button control + Google controlled
- We visited a replica of a town that once was Replica Viejo Penol
- The original town was torn down so a dam could be built to bring electricity to the community.
- There’s a gigantic rock called El Penon de Guatape, which we climbed in 27 minutes
- Paragliding is a must do activity. Words cant express the beauty and appreciation of this experience
- Can’t wait to share the official close of the summer trip with you all. This one is a birthday surprise for Remy! She did wonderful this summer and we’re celebrating her all the way.